I am a lawyer specializing in grit and determination. My work to date has focused almost exclusively on the indigent and incarcerated youth. I recognize how opaque the legal system sometimes is, even to experienced practitioners, and am excited to help shine light into the system.
J. Sterling Chillico, Attorney at Law, is originally from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. A graduate of Carolina Forest High School, Sterling attended the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina, where she graduated with a B.A. in Finance in 2009. Thereafter, she attended the University of San Francisco School of Law in San Francisco, California, where she graduated in 2012.
Sterling is a member of the American Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association, and the Charleston County Bar Association. Her areas of practice include Immigration Law, Divorce & Family Law and Criminal Defense. Sterling is also a liscensed notary public.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Science, Finance
- South Carolina
Previous Law Firm Experience
- Staff Attorney, Bayview/Hunters Point Community Legal
- Law Related Education Facilitator, Fresh Lifelines for Youth
- Certified Legal Intern, Santa Clara County Public Defenders Office
- Legal Intern, Kletter Law Firm
- SC Bar
- CA Bar
- American Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Business Networking International (BNI)
Mailing address: 23 Broad Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Fax number: (843) 628-6792